- The CEU presentation, Professional Presentation Workshop, has been postponed until Saturday, November 5, 1:00 - 4:00 pm. We only had five people sign up and we need ten people and AATA has not posted their call for submissions yet. Please call 505-577-2469, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign-up for this workshop. Again the cost is $30 for members and $45 for non-members. We will keep the location at Mesa Vista Wellness, 2019 Galisteo St, Ste D-2, Santa Fe.
- As an incentive for our membership, we are offering a special reward if you get one person to join membership, you and your friend receive one free CEU presentation. If you get a friend to join this month, you could go to the Professional Presentation CEU (3CEUs) for free! Ask your friends and tell them to let us know they are joining under this special incentive plan!!
- Just a reminder that our next Board Meeting is next weekend, Saturday, Oct 8, from 9:00-12:00 at Mesa Vista Wellness. You are invited to attend to learn more about the business of running NMATA and to offer your support and help.
- We are happy to announce that Linnea Knoespel has agreed to assume leadership of the Nominating Committee this year! THANK YOU, LINNEA!! We will be sending out a Call for Nominees in November, so start thinking about who you would like to nominate, someone open and receptive to this kind of service and professional development.
- Wendy and I have a meeting with AATA personnel flying in this month to ABQ to begin the official planning for Conference next year. Please contact Wendy directly at email@example.com to volunteer for this important committee work.
- We had several of you volunteer art work for the Holiday Fund Raiser and send out a great big THANK YOU to you ALL!!! We will need and take all donations, so if you have not volunteered to donate yet, please consider doing so. We will be sending out the details for this event and the collection date for the art soon, so stay on the look out for that.
And lastly, be sure and mark you calendars now for the final NMATA Membership Meeting of 2016, to be held at Deborah Good's home onSaturday, December 10 from 10:30-12:30. We will meet together, review 2016, make plans for 2017, share food (Pot luck so bring your favorite dish to share) and have an Art Therapist Gift Exchange. Please make some kind of small art honoring the work of the therapist, wrap it up, and bring so that we can gift each other in a beautiful way.
That's it for now! I am sorry if the change for the CEU is a problem for any of you. I am really hoping the November date will work better more people. We are trying to be adaptable, efficient, and flexible for the greatest good of all. Hope to see you all there. Please RSVP as soon as you know you can attend this date.
Have a great month! And as always, please feel free to contact me directly with ideas, thoughts, and suggestions. Val