Beautiful Day at our members meeting on Saturday, 6/11/16, the New Mexico Art Therapy Association held a luncheon in honor of Dr. Deborah Good. Current NMATA president, Valerie Valentine, presented a Lifetime Achievement Award to Deborah for her many contributions to art therapy in New Mexico. The award was presented with assistance by special guest, Little Miss New Mexico 2016, Jana-Lisa Botello, an aspiring art therapist.
Everyone is Invited!!
We will be awarding Dr. Deborah Good the Life Time Achievement Award,
she so richly deserves!
Even if you have let your membership lapse, please attend. Of course, we want you back, but more important we want to support and grow the art therapist community in New Mexico. We, also, wish to fully honor Deborah. Your attendance is encouraged, welcomed and appreciated.
We will start the meeting at 10:30 with some updates about what NMATA has been up to and what we are planning for the next year. Because of the AATA Conference next year, we are trying hard to gather the experience and knowledge from all the art therapists in our state as high-light for the 900-1100 art therapists projected to descend on our state from all over the world. We are trusting many of you in ABQ will want to be involved and this is a great way to begin the process.
We have been approached by Little Miss New Mexico, who wants to be an art therapist, and we have invited her to the meeting Saturday. She will be presenting the award to Dr. Debbie, which promises to be delightful.
Dr. Good has agreed to create a display of some of her accomplishments for us to enjoy. Her career is truly inspiring as is her lovely presence. Please consider coming to help in the honoring of this pioneer.
We will end with lunch for everyone (salads and cake) and time to socialize and connect within a beautiful, warm, and lush home garden. We anticipate closing by 1:00. It promises to be a wonderful event and Everyone is Invited!!!
PS: If you have any small and light pieces of art you would not mind donating to NMATA please bring them to the meeting. We will be taking them to the AATA conference in Baltimore this year as we invite everyone to come to ABQ next year. Thank you for considering and donating.
Directions to the Meeting:
1. From I-40 going West towards Gallup.
2. Stay on I-40 West and exit on Rio Grande Blvd.
3. Turn right and go north on Rio Grande Blvd.
4. Stay on Rio Grande Blvd. past the stop light at Candelaria.
5. Elfego is 2 blocks before the second stop light at Griegos
6. Look for a white sign on the right side of Rio Grande Blvd. that reads “Lohman Harley Davidson.” Elfego Road is across the street from this sign.
7. Turn left on Elfego from Rio Grande Blvd
8. Go 1 block and then turn left at the “T” intersection
9. Follow Elfego around the corner as it turns to the west. The house is 2nd on the right hand side, 2489, before the ditch; it has a circular driveway and 3 tall windows facing the street.
New Mexico Art Therapy Blog
The NMATA blog regularly posts contributions from our board of directors, members, and friends. We frequently post images we have created individually or in workshops, but do not publish client artwork.