Before we get to the exciting opportunities with Meow Wolf,
I want to invite you all to the Membership Meeting we are having in March!
All supporters of NMATA are welcome.
Place: Santa Fe Indian School located at 1501 Cerrillos Road in Santa Fe, 87505
Date: Meeting and Pot Luck: Saturday, March 12
Time: 10:30 - 2:00
- 10:30 - Committee Reports including the LAC (Local Area Committee for next years AATA Conference in ABQ) and a invitation for people to join a committee of interest
- 12:00 - Lunch - bring anything you want to eat and share
- 1:00 - Group Self-Care Process and Sharing
We hope to have a great turn-out of people and encourage you all to attend. We will be discussing having the next meeting in June in ABQ to further facilitate this. It is our year long goal to increase connection between all of us. Your participation and support is greatly valued.
Wow, hope to see your there!
Now on to Other Great Things Happening!!
NMATA is partnering with Meow Wolf in a collaboration that will allow our members to present workshops and hold on-going groups within this extraordinary facility.
I would like to offer a great big shout-out to our Student Board Member, Stephanie Kitts, who has made a wonderful connection and created this amazing opportunity for NMATA with Meow Wolf!
There are three opportunities for us here:
1) We have been offered the opportunity to have a table and presence during the Grand Opening. March 17-20. This will include an opportunity to inform the public about anything that we are able to schedule for the community space, called the Maker's Space. We can do all or part of the four day celebration, which will depend on how many people we can get to sign up to man our booth. This is BIG exposure for NMATA in the community as this is likely to be the happening of the year!!
Let's get creative!!!
2) MW has offered us the use of their Maker's Space for workshops and groups for 10% of proceeds. The Maker's Space can accommodates up to 30. MW has asked that NMATA create the administrative structure for this to be managed. This will be managed through our Community Arts Outreach Committee and NMATA would also receive 10% of the proceeds for the management fee. A panel will screen presenters through the proposal form on the website and add an interview process to further insure appropriateness. Anyone of us who wants to lead any kind of offering can apply immediately. These can include one time or on-going workshops or groups for teaching, healing, arts, crafts, art therapy etc. You can create your own income with a 20% fee. Please consider applying as soon as possible as we want to have a robust schedule by March 15.
*Presenters may be subject to having an on-site supervisor depending on the subject matter and experience level of the presenter.
3) The last exciting part of this collaboration will be to complete the project started last year at the AHA festival and further expanding through the CCA collaboration and Workshop Autumn and Ericka are presenting in April. The Flower to Seed project will come to rest within a garden at Meow Wolf. The origami wishes created by the community at AHA are to be made into seed paper at CCA and finally planted and nurtured at Meow Wolf.
With lots of dedication and work by Beth Lykins, we hope to capture this community process on camera and make a short film that tracks the project from beginning to end...very exciting and I am holding a vision that we will be able to share the film at the AATA conference in 2017.
Again, Thank you, Stephanie for all your vision and work!!
And to Everyone who has worked hard to make all of this happen!!!
Next great thing happening is the collaboration with CCA that includes the Flower to Seed Project facilitated on April 2 from 1-4pm. More information on this in the March Newsletter.
As you can see there is lots of room for your participation.
We are ambitious and optimistic about everything we can create this year and next.
And we need all of YOU to accomplish these things with grace and vitality!!
Please join us at the next meeting
and be a vital part of your New Mexico Art Therapy Association!!!